We have noticed you are using an older version of Internet Explorer. To ensure complete functionality please upgrade your version of Internet Explorer.

Update IE
  • Home
  • |
  • Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the cost of the course and what methods of payment are accepted?

The cost of each course is located in the course catalog. You may pay using all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) and Telecheck.

Is it secure to send my credit card information over the Internet?

Yes. 360training.com uses a secure server to process all transactions, since credit card transactions are very sensitive in nature.

What happens if I get disconnected from the Internet?

If you get disconnected from the Internet, you will need to log back into your account. In this case, you will return to the beginning of the lesson you were working on.

Can I take the course from various locations and computers?

Our courses are set up for students to access their account from any computer that is compatible.

What happens if I have technical difficulties or the system malfunctions during the course?

If you experience any problem while taking the course, please call 888-360-TRNG. 360training.com provides customer service 24/7.

Can I take this course with the AOL browser?

You can take the course with any browser of your choosing. But we do not support the AOL browser. This means our technical support team will not be able to help you in the event of a problem while taking a course with the AOL browser. We do suggest that you use another browser while signed on with AOL. To do this, log in to AOL and minimize the program. While still connected to the Internet, click on the START button on the lower left hand corner of your screen. Click PROGRAMS, then click INTERNET EXPLORER, the program icon will have a blue “e”.

Do I need to use a PC? What if I have a Macintosh?

If you have a MAC you can still sign on to take any of our classes. Many of our customers have taken their courses on a MAC and had no problems whatsoever. However, be aware that our technical support team may be unable to assist you should you encounter technical difficulties. They do not have MACs and therefore may be unable to replicate any problem you may encounter. If you have a MAC, you will need the latest version of Internet Explorer as well as the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player.

Do I need to have sound on my computer to take these classes?

While sound is another feature of our courses, it is not necessary for a customer to have sound in order to learn the course material or complete the course. All information played in audio is also displayed in text by the course player.

How do I get a username or password? What do I use it for? What should I do if I forget it?

The username and password is something selected by the student. It should also be something that they can easily remember. We suggest the student use their email address. Students will use the same username and password each time they attempt to log in to the virtual university page to access their course. This information is entered in the returning students section on the home page of the virtual university. If a student forgets his/her password, he/she can call 888-360-TRNG to request this information.

What do we need to do to obtain an insurance license?

This will depend on the state that you are trying to obtain your license in. Many states will have a prelicense educational requirement that must be fulfilled before taking the state licensing exam. Other states will allow you to take the state licensing exam with no proof of preparation or education. Please check the state requirements on our Web site or directly with the Department of Insurance from which you are trying to obtain your license. You may find a link directly to your Department of Insurance by Clicking Here.

How many credit hours are required before I take the state exam?

This will also depend on your particular state. Some states will have a specific hour requirement and others will require no hours. Once again please check the state requirements on our Web site or directly with the Department of Insurance from which you are trying to obtain your license. You may find a link directly to your Department of Insurance by Clicking Here.

After completing all courses, will I get an insurance license?

In almost every case, unless explicitly listed on our Web site, you will be required to pass the state insurance license examination before receiving an insurance license.

How long are the courses valid?
  • Insurance Prelicense/Exam Prep – You have 90 days access to the course.
  • Insurance Continuing Education – You have 90 days access to the course.
  • Securities Prep Online – You have 60 days access to the course.
What is your passing rate for the online prep courses and exam?

We currently do not offer pass ratios for our online prep courses.

How are the credits reported to the State board?

Insurance CE – it will depend on the state. Some states require us to report credits electronically and some states require that the student report the credits themselves by submitting their completion certificates that they will receive from us. Choose your state by clicking here and review the section on “Steps to Renew Your License” for your state’s specific policies.

What is an insurance adjuster?

An adjuster is an individual employed by a property and casualty insurance company or an individual to settle on its behalf claims brought by the insured. The adjuster evaluates the merits of each claim and makes recommendations to the insurance company. Basically an adjuster is one who investigates insurance claims or claims for damages and recommends an effective settlement.

What is a disinterested third party?

A person who has no financial interest in the success or failure of a licensee maintaining an insurance license. The disinterested third party must also certify the exam was closed book and no other assistance was used to obtain a passing score on the exam.