• chat
  • call
Insurance Continuing Education Online
  • Insurance Continuing Education

    Getting Your Insurance Continuing Education Online

    Since 1990, all U.S. states have allowed online insurance continuing education for agents. Keep your hard earned insurance license active to avoid complications. Be sure to complete your state license renewal requirements before the deadline.

    Most states require agents to complete their insurance CE every 1 to 2 years for their license to be kept active. Don't let incomplete CE credits put your career and income in jeopardy. Completing your continuing education is a great way to be updated with the latest rules, regulations, products, and techniques in the insurance industry. Stay current on industry topics and get the professional tools you need to give your clients the most effective services and recommendations.

    Being regulatory compliant may be easier said than done—but meeting your continuing education requirements doesn't have to be a cumbersome process! learninsurance.com is a recognized online partner for your insurance CE and license renewal needs. Here's what we can offer to insurance professionals like you:

    1. Flexibility. Learn at your own pace and time. Most agents prefer online insurance continuing education because it gives them the freedom to learn without the hassle of leaving work or going to a training center. You can complete your insurance CE requirements in the comfort of your own home or anywhere with an internet connection. Plus, you can bookmark your last point of study and even print your certificates upon completion!
    2. Reliability. All our courses are designed to meet your state's necessary conditions to satisfy full or partial insurance license renewal requirements. The number of credit hour requirements and mandatory coursework varies per state. For complete CE guidelines, inquire with the insurance regulatory authority in your locality.
    3. Affordability and Support. All our courses are competitively priced. You may choose individual courses or select packages based on your specific insurance CE needs. Our dedicated technical support representatives are ready to help you 24/7.

    Passing your state license exam is just the beginning of a potentially rewarding and dynamic career. Stay ahead of the game by taking recognized insurance continuing education online. Enroll with us today and be a learner for life!

    Courses By State

    To learn more about alcohol seller certification, simply select your state below:

  • FAQs
    • What is the cost of the course and what methods of payment are accepted?
      • The cost of each course is located in the course catalog. You may pay using all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) and Telecheck.

    • Is it secure to send my credit card information over the Internet?
      • Yes. 360training.com uses a secure server to process all transactions, since credit card transactions are very sensitive in nature.

    • What happens if I get disconnected from the Internet?
      • If you get disconnected from the Internet, you will need to log back into your account. In this case, you will return to the beginning of the lesson you were working on.

    • Can I take the course from various locations and computers?
      • Our courses are set up for students to access their account from any computer that is compatible.

    • What happens if I have technical difficulties or the system malfunctions during the course?
      • If you experience any problem while taking the course, please call 888-360-TRNG. 360training.com provides customer service 24/7.

    • Can I take this course with the AOL browser?
      • You can take the course with any browser of your choosing. But we do not support the AOL browser. This means our technical support team will not be able to help you in the event of a problem while taking a course with the AOL browser. We do suggest that you use another browser while signed on with AOL. To do this, log in to AOL and minimize the program. While still connected to the Internet, click on the START button on the lower left hand corner of your screen. Click PROGRAMS, then click INTERNET EXPLORER, the program icon will have a blue "e".

    • Do I need to use a PC? What if I have a Macintosh?
      • If you have a MAC you can still sign on to take any of our classes. Many of our customers have taken their courses on a MAC and had no problems whatsoever. However, be aware that our technical support team may be unable to assist you should you encounter technical difficulties. They do not have MACs and therefore may be unable to replicate any problem you may encounter. If you have a MAC, you will need the latest version of Internet Explorer as well as the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player.

    • Do I need to have sound on my computer to take these classes?
      • While sound is another feature of our courses, it is not necessary for a customer to have sound in order to learn the course material or complete the course. All information played in audio is also displayed in text by the course player.

    • How do I get a username or password? What do I use it for? What should I do if I forget it?
      • The username and password is something selected by the student. It should also be something that they can easily remember. We suggest the student use their email address. Students will use the same username and password each time they attempt to log in to the virtual university page to access their course. This information is entered in the returning students section on the home page of the virtual university. If a student forgets his/her password, he/she can call 888-360-TRNG to request this information.

    • What do we need to do to obtain an insurance license?
      • This will depend on the state that you are trying to obtain your license in. Many states will have a prelicense educational requirement that must be fulfilled before taking the state licensing exam. Other states will allow you to take the state licensing exam with no proof of preparation or education. Please check the state requirements on our Web site or directly with the Department of Insurance from which you are trying to obtain your license. You may find a link directly to your Department of Insurance by Clicking Here.

    • How many credit hours are required before I take the state exam?
      • This will also depend on your particular state. Some states will have a specific hour requirement and others will require no hours. Once again please check the state requirements on our Web site or directly with the Department of Insurance from which you are trying to obtain your license. You may find a link directly to your Department of Insurance by Clicking Here.

    • After completing all courses, will I get an insurance license?
      • In almost every case, unless explicitly listed on our Web site, you will be required to pass the state insurance license examination before receiving an insurance license.

    • How long are the courses valid?
      • - Insurance Prelicense/Exam Prep - You have 90 days access to the course.

        - Insurance Continuing Education - You have 90 days access to the course.

        - Securities Prep Online - You have 60 days access to the course.

    • What is your passing rate for the online prep courses and exam?
      • We currently do not offer pass ratios for our online prep courses.

    • How are the credits reported to the State board?
      • Insurance CE – it will depend on the state. Some states require us to report credits electronically and some states require that the student report the credits themselves by submitting their completion certificates that they will receive from us. Choose your state by clicking here and review the section on "Steps to Renew Your License" for your state's specific policies.

    • What is an Insurance Adjuster?
      • An adjuster is an individual employed by a property and casualty insurance company or an individual to settle on its behalf claims brought by the insured. The adjuster evaluates the merits of each claim and makes recommendations to the insurance company. Basically an adjuster is one who investigates insurance claims or claims for damages and recommends an effective settlement.

    • What is a disinterested third party?
      • A person who has no financial interest in the success or failure of a licensee maintaining an insurance license. The disinterested third party must also certify the exam was closed book and no other assistance was used to obtain a passing score on the exam.

    • States Not Licensing Insurance Adjusters
      • State Licenses
        State Regulating Entity
        Colorado No No Colorado Division of Insurance
        Hawaii** Yes No Hawaii DCCA Insurance Division
        Illinois No No Illinois Department of Insurance
        Iowa No No Iowa Insurance Division
        Kansas No No Kansas Insurance Department
        Maryland No No Maryland Insurance Administration
        Massachusetts No No Massachusetts Division of Insurance
        Missouri No No Missouri Department of Insurance
        Nebraska No No Nebraska Department of Insurance
        New Jersey No No New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
        North Dakota No No North Dakota Insurance Department
        Ohio No No Ohio Department of Insurance
        Pennsylvania No No Pennsylvania Insurance Department
        South Dakota No No South Dakota Division of Insurance
        Tennessee No No Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
        Virginia No No Virginia SCC Bureau of Insurance
        Wisconsin No No Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance

        * These states do not license insurance adjusters. Residents of these states may attain the Texas adjuster license and apply for nonresident licensing in a state that does have Texas reciprocity.

        ** Hawaii has it's own state requirements. Visit their Web site to learn more about Hawaii's unique insurance adjuster requirements.

        The Texas Insurance Adjuster Licensing course and exam satisfy all Texas Department of Insurance requirements. Not only will you be able to adjust claims in Texas, but you can also apply for nonresident licensing in more than 30 states by way of Texas reciprocity, meaning you do not need to travel to that state to take its licensing exam. If you are a resident of a state that offers a resident adjuster exam, the Texas course and exam will not fulfill that state's resident adjuster requirement. We recommend that you check the state's requirements prior to enrolling. The guide below does not apply to public adjusters.

        State Licenses
        State Regulating Entity
        Alabama Yes Yes Alabama Department of Insurance
        Alaska Yes Yes Alaska Division of Insurance
        Arizona Yes Yes Arizona Department of Insurance
        Arkansas Yes Yes Arkansas Insurance Department
        California Yes Yes California Department of Insurance
        Connecticut Yes Yes Connecticut Insurance Department
        Delaware Yes Yes Delaware Department of Insurance
        Florida Yes Yes Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
        Georgia Yes Yes Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner
        Hawaii** Yes No Hawaii DCCA Insurance Division
        Idaho Yes Yes Idaho Department of Insurance
        Indiana Yes Yes Indiana Department of Insurance
        Kentucky Yes Yes Kentucky Department of Insurance
        Louisiana Yes Yes Louisiana Department of Insurance
        Maine Yes Yes Maine Bureau of Insurance
        Michigan Yes Yes Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation
        Minnesota Yes Yes Minnesota Department of Commerce
        Mississippi Yes Yes Mississippi Insurance Department
        Montana Yes Yes Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance
        Nevada Yes Yes Nevada Division of Insurance
        New Hampshire Yes Yes New Hampshire Insurance Department
        New Mexico Yes Yes New Mexico PRC Division of Insurance
        New York Yes Yes New York State Department of Financial Services
        North Carolina Yes Yes North Carolina Department of Insurance
        Oklahoma Yes Yes Oklahoma Insurance Department
        Oregon Yes Yes Oregon DCBS Insurance Division
        Rhode Island Yes Yes Rhode Island DBR Insurance Division
        South Carolina Yes Yes South Carolina Department of Insurance
        Texas** Yes N/A Texas Department of Insurance
        Utah Yes Yes Utah Insurance Department
        Vermont Yes Yes Vermont Department of Financial Regulation
        Washington Yes Yes Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner
        West Virginia Yes Yes West Virginia Office of the Insurance Commissioner
        Wyoming Yes Yes Wyoming Insurance Department

        ** Hawaii has it's own state requirements. Visit their Web site to learn more about Hawaii's unique insurance adjuster requirements. Texas does not need to have reciprocity with itself.