learninsurance.com is a fully accredited provider of insurance continuing education courseware for Montana. Because our training is entirely online and the lessons can be taken when you have time, our courses are perfect for today’s hectic schedules.
We offer comprehensive training to help you ramp up your insurance career in Montana. Be sure to check with your state to make sure you’re meeting the requirements in Montana prior to enrolling.
If you purchase the Unlimited CE Package you can get all of the individually listed courses below for a grand total of $39.95! Individual Courses below are offered for regular retail price if purchased separately.
learninsurance.com is a fully accredited provider of mandatory insurance continuing education coursework for preparing for examination through the Montana Insurance Department. Our courses are 100% online and include everything you need to fulfill your CE requirement to renew your Montana Insurance License. Provider – 360training.com, Inc.
We recommend you check your state’s requirements prior to enrolling.
General credit hours count for either property and casualty or life and health.
Build your Continuing Education Renewal Package today! Through access to the entire CE course catalog, you can complete all required courses needed to renew your Montana Insurance License.
- Anti-Money Laundering MT – (General)
- Commercial General Liability Insurance MT – (General)
- Flood Insurance
- Inland Marine Insurance
- Ocean Marine Insurance
- Ethics for Insurance Professionals Advanced
- Principles of Insurance
- Ethics and Fraud
Montana Insurance Continuing Education – Earn Your Insurance CE Credits Today!
Life, Health, Long-term Care and Disability Insurance MT – (General)
This course provides an overview to the insurance students about four main types of insurance policies. The four policies Life, Health, Long Term Care and Disability Insurance are the most widely selling policies in the insurance industry. This course contains some valuable information about the principles of life, health, disability and long term care insurance policies, some important related definitions, needs for the purchase of different kinds of insurance policies, application process for applying these kids of insurance, their after effects and different sub forms of these insurance policies.
Introduction to Property and Casualty and the Insurance Contract MT – (General)
This course will introduce you to the basic principles of insurance, including the concept of risk, the different types of risk, and techniques in managing risk. It will introduce you to several basic elements and terms used in the insurance industry. The course will focus on explaining the insurance contract by introducing and reviewing its various parts, including: the elements, characteristics, and parts of a contract, as well as various policy organizations. It will also lesson focus on the insurance transaction. The transaction includes such things as the application process, how the policy is selected, underwritten, and rated. This section will also review some of the legal requirements of applicants and the insurance company, with respect to the insurance transaction.
Continuing Education Hours
24 hours of continuing education (CE), including three hours of Ethics are required biennially.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
CE due on the first day of month of birth, biennially.
Odd/even years are based on year of birth.
License Renewal Date
Based on the producer licensure date.
Types of Courses Accepted For CE Credit
Independent Self-study courses or classroom
Course Subject Requirements
- Resident and nonresidents must complete one credit hour of Montana law, biennially
- Producers licensed for credit life/disability only, must complete the five-hour requirement in courses approved in their line only
No carryover allowed.
Credit will not be give for a course that is repeated within a two-year period.
Final exam must be monitored.
- Individuals with a temporary license
- Newly licensed individuals are exempt for the calendar year that their license is issued
- Individuals with a limited line license that an exam is not required
- Individuals licensed only for surety insurance who sell bail bonds
- Nonresident agents if their home state requires CE and has a reciprocal agreement with Montana
For Additional Information Please Contact
Montana Insurance Department
P.O. Box 4009
Helena, MT 59604-4009
- Student will pay and enroll in the course.
- Student will answer security and validation questions throughout the course validating the identity of the student.
- Student will pass each lesson quiz before proceeding to the next ensuring mastery of the lesson.
- If the student fails the end of lesson quiz, the student will be forced to repeat the lesson till he/she passes the quiz.
- Upon the successful completion of the course, the student will be locked out of the final exam unless the student gets in touch with the proctor.
- The proctor will type in an encrypted code to unlock the final exam. At that point, student will be able to take a closed book final exam to ensure that the student does not cheat.
- Student will be allowed to take the final exam no more than three times.